Wednesday 24 April 2013

My favorite places in Cork for...

I have been thinking of writing this for a while, and I think this is the perfect moment since I've been living in the city for almost a month and I am getting usd to it's corners.
So here's my list...

My favorite places in Cork for...

... a pint: Franciscan Well.
Obviously like. Plus it includes awesome drawing evenings!
It was the "my favorite place" that I discovered first, and I'm so very glad for that. Thanks, Jota and all DrinkandDrawers ;) And this is also where I discovered the best brand of cider in the world... I owe so much to this  pub!

... a long talk over some coffee: Café Eco
Perfect for those after 6pm evenings when you don't want to go to a pub, which happens quite often to me. The staff is nice, they do all kind of handy things there that you can't do anywhere else after 6, and... well, a very brilliant place :)

... pancakes: Fellini's
Seriously.

...some nice live music: Sin É
Plus the best cider ever!

... a night time walk:
Banks of the river Lee: loveliest walks home ever, granted!

... enrichening an otherwise eventless morning: Crawford Art Gallery
I've actually only been there once, and we promised to go back on that very same morning, but... we don't have tha many spare mornings really, do we? It's great and big and free, though, so it's good to pay a visit every now and then.

... lunch: AT HOME!!! but, well, that's only now that I can freely cook, and, anyway: Uncle Pete's
We should be VIP here or something, I can't count how many times we've eaten here! Plus the music is very nice!

... organising random stuff we're into: Franciscan Well (yeah, again <3)and Old Oak
It is amazing how, in this city (or maybe country) you can ask to book the upstairs of a pub so freely and easily. So here's where we do Wriing Session, Spanish Gastronomical Meetings, Karaoke Parties and such... even a-political meetings like- everything we are into hapens there!

... a lazy coffee on a weekend morning: Nosh+Coffee
They've got very yummy pastries, and if you're lucky, some nice rock music. We discovered it by chance looking for somewhere different than O'Connails.

... a very posh ladylike coffee while reading the paper: Isaac's Hotel
No Comments, you need to go and experience it by yourself... it was king of surrealistic to go there with my marteens and be treated that way.

... spending half an hour wishing you had all the money in the world: Vibes and Scribes (both of them), Waterstones, Easons and Brennan's Cook Shop
If you are crafty, bookish and/or cookish.

No comments:

Post a Comment